Saturday, December 29, 2012

(S)no(w) Delay

They say that timing is everything!  Hours before I had planned to depart the East coast for the West, Freyer, a nor'easter, decided that he wanted to make an appearance.  Those of you who know me know that I very rarely pay attention to the weather.  I mean, I live in New England, it's different every minute, if not every hour - so why bother?!

I'd spent a lovely evening with close friends, saying "see you in April"; had a very rough night's sleep and after taking a quick peek at the radar this morning, it occurred to me that I could wait a day, get some sleep, enjoy the storm cuddled on the couch, knitting... But then, I was born in New England - a few flakes couldn't slow me down. So we packed up the last of the boxes into the car; assigned a few last minute tasks to those staying behind; grabbed breakfast with Joey and hit the road by 11 am - just as the first flakes started to fall.

It was a very easy day - hopefully an omen of more to come.  Made great time through five states - no real traffic to speak of, snow ended by Exit 8 on the NJ Tpke,  spent a small fortune on tolls ( over $25 between CT- MD)crossed the Delaware, Susquehana and Shenandoah rivers (and yes, I did sing), missed the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah Valley due to darknesss,  made two stops - mostly for Emmy and landed at the Staunton, VA Best Western by 7:45pm.

We're checked in, both fed, Emmy's sound asleep, I'm watching trashy tv and perusing tomorrow's schedule.  Next stop - Nashville!  (dining suggestions??)

No comments:

Post a Comment