Sunday, December 16, 2012

Breathing

It's starting to set in - I am actually leaving my home for a few months.

I have been known to shake up my world every decade or so - usually with everything in a truck going ahead of me.  This time it's temporary - maybe 3 months.

Packing for a different climate and preparing for someone else to live in your home during this time comes with it's own set of challenges! (which some of you have experienced first hand) Personal photos on the walls/shelves have to come down; closets and cabinets need to be cleared and stored; which clothes and household items to ship/carry/leave must be determined and dealt with, and of course,  some cleaning has to happen - it's a bit overwhelming.

I've also started to say "see ya'" to friends - hard.  Sure, it's my emotional state with everything that's going on in my immediate life and around me causing me to tear up so easily (thoughts to those in Newtown, CT and beyond) - but difficult nonetheless.  I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have this core group of amazing people in my life - many for almost 30 years - and how grateful I am that they are willing to store boxes, foster plants, absorb some of the food in my freezer and support me emotionally on this journey.

SO, 9 days before Christmas, surrounded by different types of boxes this year, I will try to squeeze in some last-minute handcrafted gifts to show my love and appreciation, try to make headway on the long list of things to be done before blast off and keep reminding myself to BREATHE.

No comments:

Post a Comment